Mr.& Mrs. Aaron Perry

Mr.& Mrs. Aaron Perry

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Finally!

Today I got to start my volunteering experience at Vanier Public School.  I am in Ms. Campbell's grade 2 classroom.  Today I observed for the most part, but was able to have hands on experience as well.  I am hoping this oppourtunity continues to work out, if so I will be at the school Monday, Wednesday and every other Friday.

Today is International Milk day.  So the kids all got a free milk during second lunch.  Yes that's right, second lunch.  The school runs on what they call a Balanced food schedule.  They get a snack at 9am, then they eat half their lunch at 11am.  Then at 1:45 they have second lunch. 

Today I got to help out Ms. Campbell in the following ways...
> Finish cutting out paper sneakers for the Walk for a cure poster
> Open the kids planners to today's date and check for any parent notes
> Listened to a story on the "bus" (the "bus" is a carpet that the kids sit on for the morning story and announcements).
> Helped the children with there morning activity which was related to the book we read.  I got to help kids think of living and non-living things, sounding out and spelling words. 
> We also had to practice a bus evacuation.  So we all went outside got on a bus and listened to the bus dirver explain how to get out in case of an emergency.
> Gym time!  We got to do the Cha-cha slide!!

I really had a good time today! 

Aaron had a busy day of morning golf, evening worship practice, and night hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment