Mr.& Mrs. Aaron Perry

Mr.& Mrs. Aaron Perry

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Its been a while...

Although its been less than a week since our last blog it feels a bit longer.  This is what Aaron and I have been up to since the last blog.

October 15- (Thursday) Normal day around Brockville.  I did some volunteering at the church that involved some more raking and some reorganizing of chairs in the Sanctuary.  Aaron went to a Sens game with a guy from our church.

October 16-(Friday) Was pretty uneventful, I cleaned the apartment, worked at the church for a bit, then stayed in for the evening with Aaron.

October 17-(Saturday)  What a crazy day!  Aaron had a Men's Breakfast at 730 am then Christmas Lane work bee at 830am.  I had a pampered chef party at 945am, then we left around 10:45am to get to Bristol, Quebec for Uncle Hugh and Aunt Norma's 50th Wedding Anniversary which started at 1:30pm.  We both enjoyed seeing cousins, family and friends.  We left the party around 4:15 to head back toward Ottawa to go to Paul's Concert.  Paul (Aaron's brother) sings in a Mens quartet called The Bridge Builders.  He did a wonderful job. His group opened for the Easter's.  It was a good concert.  We left Ottawa around 10.  Stopped for a snack and got home around 12am. 

October 18- (Sunday) Church was really good.  Pastor Eric started a campaign on Stewardship called "Giving and Growing in Faith".  There was also a baby dedication which was very nice.  After church Aaron, myself ,Pastor Mike and his wife Kate went to Jannies House for lunch (She is a lady that attends our church).  It was a great time of good food and fellowship.  In the evening Aaron and I went to Sunday Night Remix.  Which is a time for adults to get together and have some fun and eat great food.  This week we did some trivia games.  (there was an object given and we had to guess the name of the painting that clue went along with.

October 19- (Monday) I volunteer at Vanier and was able to get really involved with the kids.  Its really awesome to see how much kids can grow to like someone that they've only known for a few weeks.  The kids are calling out my name for help and to show me something.  ( I like that!)  I helped Ms. Campbell with Math skills evaluations.  That involved me sitting down one on one with the kids and asking them to do certain tasks involving numbers and counting.  We had a fire drill that day as well.  So far I've been able to experience a bus evacuation and a fire drill.  I wonder what is next.
Monday evenings are busy for Aaron and I as well.  We teach Crown Financial and we just have a superb group.  We went a little bit late last night due to great conversation and having to do two weeks in one. (because of Thanksgiving).

Today!  Right now I am at the church volunteering.  I answer phones from noon til 3pm.  Once I am done here I help Pastor Mike get things ready for Kidstuf.  Its pretty fun, I get to make sample crafts and organize the activities.  Aaron is currently out on a Pastoral visit.  Later this evening I go to Cathy Hopkins (Pastor Randy's wife) house for So You Think You Can Dance Canada.  We have a good time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment