Mr.& Mrs. Aaron Perry

Mr.& Mrs. Aaron Perry

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Since the Last post...

Lets see...

Monday 10-4:  I spent the morning at Vanier with Ms. Campbell and her class.  I am really enjoying volunteering at the school.  We  read the book "Stone Soup" and did some activities to go along with it.  I helped the students spell and sound out words to write in their paper soup bowls. 

In the evening Aaron and I taught our Crown Financial Small group.  This group is really interesting.  Our group consists of parents and their teenage children.  Its really awesome to see that these parents learn about finances with their teens.

Tuesday 10-5:  Aaron and I had a lunch meeting with a women who leads a small group at the Brockville county Jail.  We were both encouraged. 

Every Tuesday I volunteer at the church answering phones from 12pm to 3pm.  Then from 3pm til about 4pm I volunteer with Kidstuf.  I get together the activities that the children will be doing on sunday morning.  I do a sample craft if there is one.  I've enjoyed this as well.

Tuesday evenings are girl nights at the Hopkins house.  We watch So You Think You Can Dance Canada and eat lots of snacks.  Aaron had a boys night at our place to watch some hockey. 

Wednesday 10-5:
Today I was at Vanier from 9am to 2pm.  I had an awesome day working with the kids.  We made our "Stone Soup" .  The kids helped me peel the vegetables and peeleds the onions.  I also finished their turkey crafts.  We have been talking about Thanksgiving.  Which seems out of place for me since I am used to having Thanksgiving in November.  In the afternoon I had to do some math testing.  I would call over the kids individually and test them on some of their counting skills and recognizing numbers and there orders.

After school I walked to the Goodwill.  One day a week they have 50% off days and today happened to be that day.  I found a pair of A.E. Jeans for $5!!!  Then I walked over to the mall and walked around for a bit.  When I walked outside to walk home it was pouring rain.  So my wonderful husband came and picked me up.

Welp, Aaron just walked through the door and its time for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment