Mr.& Mrs. Aaron Perry

Mr.& Mrs. Aaron Perry

Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend!

Aaron and I went Apple picking at Hall's Apple Market here in Brockville on Saturday afternoon.  We picked 11 lbs and had a lot of fun.  After we picked the apples we went to the Hall's Market and bought some apple cider. 
We came home and boy were we disappointed!  I was pouring Aaron a glass and it smelled like apple cider vinegar.  I tasted it and thought gross I've never tasted apple cider this bad!!!  I called up the store and asked if it was suppose to taste like fermented apples.  She said well because we make it from fresh apples its more tart than other apple cider.  I thought this isn't tart its is disgusting.  She says, "heat it up and add some brown sugar!"  To be honest it was that much better.



With the apples we picked I made an AWESOME apple pie.  I am hoping to make some applesauce as well.


Saturday evening Aaron and I watched our friends Kate and Mike's dog, Sherlock. 



On Sunday Aaron and I headed to Shawville for thanksgiving weekend.  The drive up was just absolutely  beautiful.


 We stopped in Ottawa to meet up with Paul.  We stopped in at Constance Bay to visit some cousins then took the ferry over to Quebec.



Paul's car on the ferry


Aaron and I had a fabulous weekend with family.

1 comment:

  1. You will have to get some Cider mill cider when you come back down. Mmm mmm good.

    ReplyDelete